Website Stepping Stones
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST POSITION COMMENCING JANUARY 2022 – INFORMATION PACKAGE
An Occupational Therapist is wanted to join a local and well established Peadiatric Allied Health Private Practice in Bunbury. Part and full time positions considered, with a competitive salary and fantastic work conditions.
About the Company: Stepping Stones Therapy Services has been providing therapy and support services to families in the South West for over 10 years. Since its conception, it has grown to include Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, and Psychology services; who all work as a team to provide the most comprehensive service able to our families. Stepping Stones’ primary practice location is in the beachside city of Bunbury (2 hours south of Perth), with an additional satellite clinic in Collie.
Company Culture: Stepping Stones is immensely passionate about providing quality, evidence-based services to the South West, whilst maintaining a sustainable business that is a part of the NDIS funding. To our staff, Stepping Stones is so much more than ‘just a job’. Gaining this position means that you are joining a company that has an emphasis on employees’ wellbeing. Stepping Stones is family friendly, and for the right staff, will aim to make accommodations to suit your family. We want a long term relationship with our staff, and aim to provide the perfect environment for staff to stay long term as well. Stepping Stones provides the opportunity to work with a wide-ranging caseload within the Paediatric field, and offers fantastic training, support and education around working with and amongst other fields. We offer a variety of learning opportunities for all staff through the provision of wide-ranging caseloads, transdisciplinary PD opportunities, Multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings and supervision/opportunities for ongoing learning to our staff as required, to ensure that our clients continue to receive high quality services.
About the Role: We are seeking someone who oozes compassion and maturity for this role. We are also seeking someone who can independently manage a workload, shows initiative and uses great communication skills both with our staff but also our families. In return, we will provide you with an incredibly supportive team and working environment, flexibility in working hours, and the opportunity to learn and grow in these fields.
A full or part time position will be created for the right application, as a permanent role. A start date of mid January would be ideal to allow a smooth transition into our team. This position can be tailored to both experienced and new/recent graduates. Accommodation/re-location assistance may be provided.
You will be working amongst a team of Occupational Therapists and other Allied Health Professionals, providing services to a caseload of families in the South West area. Strong team skills is essential. Services include:
– Individualised, 1-1 Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention
– Key worker model support services, supporting families to incorporate a range of goals into their daily routines
– An extremely varied caseload, including clients 0-20 years, neurotypical, and those with diagnosed disabilities.
– Remuneration will be dependent on your skills and experience that you are bringing into the position. Your role can also be tailored to provide additional challenges and responsibilities depending on your level of experience.
– A reliable car is required for this position.
Benefits for staff:
– Competitive salary
– 4 weeks annual leave per annum, PLUS an additional paid week of leave over the Christmas period.
– 3 days per annum paid study leave to allow for continued learning (as well as in-house group trainings opportunities)
– Strong focus on staff’s mental health and team development. This includes having 1 day per school term to enjoy with the team as a ‘mental health and training’ day.
– Vehicle salary sacrificing options to be introduced early 2022.
It is also expected that you have a genuine interest in living in the South West region.
How to Apply:
You must be tertiary qualified in Occupational Therapy and registered (or ready to become registered for new graduates) with the appropriate Regulation Board to apply for this position.
For further information, and to obtain the information package, please contact Ashton Horsley on (08) 97917898 or [email protected].
Applications marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and addressing the selection criteria will be accepted via email at [email protected]. Applications will be considered as they arrive, and hence there is no official cut off date.
Please see below for further information including selection criteria.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANT
Thank you for your interest in the advertised position of Speech Pathologist for Stepping Stones Therapy Services.
Selection on the Basis of Merit
Stepping Stones is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be assessed against the same criteria included in the position description.
No application will be considered until after the advertised closing date at which time it will be assessed. Selection will be based on highest merit for the position, past experience and
ability to perform the advertised position.
What to include in your application
Your application should include the following information:
• A statement addressing each of the selection criteria
• A copy of your current Résumé
• Contact details of three employment referees
Please do not submit originals of important documents such as qualifications and references. Submit photocopies only.
Statement Addressing Selection Criteria
Your application should contain a concise statement specifically addressing each of the Selection Criteria in the Position Description with examples, which demonstrate how you meet the requirements of each objective. Address each item separately and make your comments adequate enough to demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria.
You should attach a copy of your current resume, listing academic achievement, professional training, memberships and relevant employment experience.
You should include the names and contact details of at least three referees we can contact to provide information on your past work performance, preferably one to be current employer.
Address for Applications
Applications in hard copy should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL”, quote the position and addressed to
Attn: Ashton Horsley
Stepping Stones Therapy Services
14C, 42 Strickland St
BUNBURY WA 6230
Emailed Applications will be accepted by [email protected]
Ensure your application is received prior to the closing date and time, late applications will
not be considered.
Post Application Process
Short listed applicants will be contacted by telephone to arrange an interview. Please note, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Should you require further information about the position, please contact Ashton Horsley, Owner by telephone on (08) 97917898 or Email: [email protected]
1. Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent, and registration with AHPRA.
2. Experience providing Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention services to the Paediatric population (where levels of experience will impact remuneration offered).
3. Sound knowledge of the role of Occupational Therapy in the disability population, and experience working as an Occupational Therapist within this caseload highly desirable.
4. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, demonstrated across a variety of contexts.
5. Commitment to- and evidence of- working within a team, as a team.
6. Commitment to continued learning and quality improvement.
7. A valid Western Australian Driver’s License, with a licensed vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.