Indigo (formally Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of Assistive technology (devices and equipment), home modifications, therapy, driving and professional education. We provide tailored allied health and AT solutions to people with disability, seniors, carers, health professionals and educators. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all.
Located in Nedlands, Indigo is a well-established provider of Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment services, (OTDA) providing services to over 1,000 customers each year since 2008. The team of experienced driver trained Occupational Therapists complete driving assessments, rehabilitation and prescription of vehicle modification, working closely with NDIS and age care clients to meet their individual driving goals. In addition to driving assessments Indigo also provides in- house specialised driving lessons and has two dual controlled modified vehicles.
Driving assessment and rehabilitation is recognised as an important practice domain for all OTs because it is a critical IADL and one that is highly valued by clients. An exciting and rare opportunity now exists at Indigo for a passionate OT Driver Assessor, or an OT who is interested in moving into this specialised area, to join Indigo’s Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment (OTDA) team. The role focuses on understanding the needs of a diverse range of individuals across all age spans and abilities. Based in the Perth Metro area, this full-time role will consult with and advise customers in both the aged care and disability sectors on driving, driving assessment and vehicle modifications. The duties may include:
- Provision of expert advice, assessment and prescription of assistive technology related to driving, and vehicle modifications.
- Undertake person-centred assessments that identify the customers’ functional capacity, strengths and lifestyle goals and develop a holistic, individualised person-centred therapy plan in partnership with the customer and their carer.
- Building capacity of individuals, carers, and other health professionals to support choice in the understanding of alternatives to driving.
- Review and assessment of vehicle modification and preparation of professional reports and applications as required.
- Assist with coordination of referrals, planning, delivery, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, dynamic, and innovative OT. They will demonstrate a high standard of communication, problem-solving and initiative as well as sound time management skills and willingness to learn.
The therapist will have sound clinical expertise, and a minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience with an interest in this area. Previous experience in driving assessment is desirable but not essential, along with rehabilitation, assistive technology and home modifications experience being highly regarded.
Start your engines and apply for this great career opportunity today!
Some benefits of working at Indigo are:
- The necessary training to gain OTDA certification (July 2022 course)
- Valued based organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
- True work life balance with additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination and EAP support and fun active social committee
- Ongoing support, mentoring, and professional development
- Competitive industry salary and generous salary packaging options (up to $15,900 in general living expenses and $2,650 in meals and entertainment)
We encourage candidates from other states to apply, relocation allowance considered for the right candidate.
TO APPLY on Seek
Register your interest today by submitting your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
- View full Position Description view at ” Join Our Team” https://www.indigosolutions.org.au/about-us/join-our-team or email [email protected]
- Contact Linda Tan at [email protected] to discuss the specifics of the position
*Please note applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
Applications close 20th May 2022, short listing will commence immediately. We thank you for your interest in Indigo and will respond to all candidates.
Valid police check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Current First Aid certification and COVID-19 vaccination is a pre-requisite for this position at Indigo. Exemptions to vaccine considered on a case-by-case basis.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
Values: Passion, Integrity, Creativity, Together
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.