Website Catholic Homes
About the role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join Ocean Star Village on a permanent part-time basis. The days and hours for this position are negotiable up to four days per week.
Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
This position is responsible for:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for Ocean Star residents
- The provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required
- Assess individual residents physical, sensory, cognitive, psychosocial and behaviour functioning relating to occupational performance of activities of daily living and leisure
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) and a current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (desirable)
- Knowledge of the Montessori Principles and the ‘Care with Purpose’ model (desirable)
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and the range and types of services available to the elderly
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and maintain professional development
- Located in Bunbury or surrounding area
Benefits and Perks:
- Salary package up to $15,900 pa + $2,650 pa for entertainment benefits
- Comprehensive induction program and ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing support from the Facility Manager, Care with Purpose Advisor, on-site Clinical Nurse and wider care team
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Free parking
- Close to public transport
About Catholic Homes
Caring for Western Australians for over 50 years, Catholic Homes is a leading not-for-profit comprehensive aged care provider. We pride ourselves on providing a workplace that reflects our values of joy, love and hospitality.
Catholic Homes’ ‘Care with Purpose’ model, based on the Montessori principles, advocates being active and independent for as long as possible.
We have six Residential Care facilities, with four located alongside a Retirement Village.
Our Home Care service across Perth and Regional WA is tailored to suit individual needs of those living in the community.
Catholic Homes is an inclusive organisation welcoming all faiths and backgrounds.
Catholic Homes’ innovation and proactive approach to aged care has won us numerous awards including the 2020 Institute of Hospitality In Health Care’s (IHHC) Brightest Star Award and Better Practice Award for its Circle of Men project.
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an occupational therapist?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- What’s your highest level of education?
- Please describe your experience in the above role or similar.
- Are you located in Bunbury or surrounding area?
To view this role’s Position Description, click here.
For further information please contact Evelyn Dyer, Facility Manager on [email protected]
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia and possess or be willing to obtain a current National Police Clearance.
Please note Catholic Homes does not provide sponsorship for employees.
For more information on working with Catholic Homes please visit www.catholichomes.com
To apply for this job email your details to Evelyn.Dyer@catholichomes.com.