Website Catholic Homes
About the Role
Catholic Homes is seeking an Occupational Therapist to join the Home Care team on a permanent full-time basis. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Catholic Homes’ Care at Home team create personalised care packages for clients to support them to live independently in their own home – so they can continue to do the things they love.
This role is responsible for assessing, coordinating and evaluating client needs to maintain or improve levels of physical function.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing activities and programs in line with Clients preferences and choice
- Overseeing implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities and support needs for clients
- Providing appropriate supervision, direction and support to Occupational Therapy assistants and the Home Care team
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Current Occupational Therapy registration with AHPRA
- Experience in aged care
- Current C Class driver’s licence
- A roadworthy and registered vehicle
- Willingness to travel
- Experience working in community based care (desirable)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Benefits and Perks
- Salary package up to $15,900 pa + $2,650 pa for entertainment benefits
- Free parking
- Close to public transport
- Comprehensive induction program and ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing support from the Clinical Manager of Home Care Services
- Employee Assistance Program.
Caring for Western Australians for over 50 years, Catholic Homes is a leading not-for-profit comprehensive aged care provider. We pride ourselves on providing a workplace that reflects our values of joy, love and hospitality.
Catholic Homes’ ‘Care with Purpose’ model, based on the Montessori principles, advocates being active and independent for as long as possible.
We have six Residential Care facilities, with four located alongside a Retirement Village.
Our Home Care service across Perth and Regional WA is tailored to suit individual needs of those living in the community.
Catholic Homes is an inclusive organisation welcoming all faiths and backgrounds.
Catholic Homes’ innovation and proactive approach to aged care has won us numerous awards including the 2020 Institute of Hospitality In Health Care’s (IHHC) Brightest Star Award and Better Practice Award for its Circle of Men project.
To view this role’s position description, click here.
For further information on this role please contact Zoe Heron, Clinical Manager of Home Care Services by email [email protected].
Applicants must have the right to work and live in Australia and possess or be willing to obtain a current National Police Clearance.
For more information on working with Catholic Homes please visit www.catholichomes.com
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Please describe your experience in Community Aged Care in the above role or similar.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.