Website Catholic Homes
About the role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join Archbishop Goody in East Perth on a permanent part-time basis. This position will be working 2 days per week with flexible start and finish times.
Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for Archbishop Goody residents
- The provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required
- Assess individual residents physical, sensory, cognitive, psychosocial and behaviour functioning relating to occupational performance of activities of daily living and leisure.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) and a current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (highly desirable)
- Experience in effective supervision and the change process
- Knowledge of Catholic Homes’ ‘Care with Purpose’ model (desirable)
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and the range and types of services available to the elderly
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and maintain professional development.
- Salary package up to $15,900 pa + $2,650 pa for entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (free confidential counselling service)
- Access to exclusive deals and discounts on electrical, white and brown goods through Church Resources
- Free parking
- Close to public transport
- Comprehensive induction program and ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing support from the Facility Manager, Care with Purpose Advisor, on-site Clinical Nurse and wider care team
About Catholic Homes
Caring for Western Australians for over 50 years, Catholic Homes is a leading not-for-profit comprehensive aged care provider. We pride ourselves on providing a workplace that reflects our values of joy, love and hospitality.
Catholic Homes’ ‘Care with Purpose’ is our approach to person-centered care and advocates being active and independent for as long as possible.
We have six Residential Care facilities, with four located alongside a Retirement Village.
Our Home Care service across Perth and Regional WA is tailored to suit individual needs of those living in the community.
Catholic Homes is an inclusive organisation welcoming all faiths and backgrounds.
Catholic Homes’ innovation and proactive approach to aged care has won us numerous awards including the 2020 Institute of Hospitality In Health Care’s (IHHC) Brightest Star Award and Better Practice Award for its Circle of Men project.
To view this role’s Position Description, click here.
For further information please contact Noelene Wright, Facility Manager on [email protected]
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia and possess or be willing to obtain a current National Police Clearance.
Please note Catholic Homes does not provide sponsorship for employees.
For more information on working with Catholic Homes please visit www.catholichomes.com
To apply for this job please visit login.seek.com.