Come to Indigo for an Occupational Therapist Role like no other
• Initial Fixed-term Contract
• Commencing ASAP
• Location – South West of WA
• Part-time, flexible hours (full-time opportunity if preferred)
Did you know?
The Independent Living Centre WA is now called Indigo. Indigo is building on the strong foundation of ILCWA as a leading provider of Assistive technology (devices and equipment), home modifications, therapy, driving, and professional education. We provide tailored allied health and AT solutions to people with disability, seniors, carers, health professionals and educators. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all. Due to business growth and some exciting new projects such as geat2GO we are in a position to expand our allied health team.
We are currently recruiting for OTs who have a passion for assistive technology (AT), home modifications assessment and prescription, and Allied Health Therapy Services (including to CHSP and NDIS clients). With varied roles available, there is opportunity for OTs at all career stages to work across a number of program areas.
Occupational Therapists (OT) working at Indigo provide professional advice, services and support in Assistive Technology and Home Modification assessment and prescription, and Allied Health Therapy Services (including to CHSP and NDIS clients). This role will be varied, working in CHSP with opportunities across other program areas. The role is based in the South West (Albany) region and duties may include:
• Provision of expert advice, assessment and prescription of AT, home modifications (including CHSP eligible clients), wellness and reablement
• Undertake person-centred assessments that identify the customers’ functional capacity, strengths and lifestyle goals and develop a holistic, individualised person-centred therapy plan in partnership with the customer and their carer.
• Building capacity of individuals, carers, support organisations, and other health professionals to support choice in the understanding and use of AT
• Educate in the area of AT to various audiences.
• Review and assessment of home modification and equipment funding applications and preparation of professional reports and applications as required
• Assist with coordination of referrals, planning, delivery, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, dynamic, and innovative Occupational Therapist. They will be highly flexible and organised. Demonstration of a high standard of communication, problem-solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
The therapist will have sound clinical skills, preferably with some experience working with assistive technology, home modifications or knowledge of various services and funding available to support assistive technology choice.
• A great place to work!
• Valued based organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
• Diverse, motivated team of allied health professionals and support staff
• Ongoing support, training and professional development
• Competitive salary and employment conditions with generous salary packaging provisions–increase your take home pay.
• Additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
• Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination and EAP support.
• Initial 12 month fixed term contract with view to further extension
What’s your next step?
• Get the full position descriptions by emailing email [email protected] or go to https://www.indigosolutions.org.au/about-us/join-our-team
• Contact Lynda Quigley, Allied Health Manager, (08) 9381 0638 or [email protected], to discuss the specifics of the position
• Send your applications in, we are ready to interview now!
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact [email protected]
We value our people at Indigo and strive to have a positive and adaptive culture, one that aligns with our values; so cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill and experience.
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indigosolutions.org.au.