Website Western Kids Health
12 month fixed term contract
$60,000 to $80,000 per annum plus superannuation
Flexible start date (ideally between November 2021 to January 2022)
Western Kids Health offers:
● A supportive and inclusive team culture
● Competitive hourly rate
● A fun and engaging work environment
● Caseload variety
● Mentoring and professional development is a foundation of Occupational Therapy at Western Kids Health
● Monthly OT team and multidisciplinary team meetings
● Strong administrative support
● Flexible work arrangements
● The opportunity to join a business during an exciting growth phase
● Free parking
About the role
Our occupational therapists work with children and adolescents with a range of motor, sensory, behaviour,
emotional and cognitive needs. The role includes completing initial assessments, planning and implementing
intervention sessions for clinic, school, day care and home visits. There is also the opportunity to run small
groups such as handwriting, social skill groups and school readiness. Administrative duties include progress
notes, writing reports, developing therapy resources and group programs. Services and interventions range
from motor skill development, handwriting development, ADL training, social-emotional development,
sensory regulation strategies, executive functioning skill development, chronic pain management and school
40-50% of the caseload will be NDIS participants who are self managed or plan managed. The current
position is based at our Hillarys clinic and offsite community visits in the Perth north metro area.
About Western Kids Health
Western Kids Health is a dynamic, multidisciplinary paediatric private practice working with children aged 0-20
across multiple locations in Perth Western Australia. Western Kids Health is passionate about multidisciplinary
team care and have whole team meetings monthly, informal daily meeting time and ongoing informal
supervision throughout the working week
Our purpose is to provide quality care to babies, children and teens, in a multidisciplinary family centre model.
In addition to speech pathology, our services include psychology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and
dietetics. We are not NDIS registered.
● Bachelor or Master degree in Occupational Therapy
● Minimum of 2 years experience working as an Occupational Therapist providing services to children
● Experience working with neurodevelopmental conditions (e.g. Autism, ADHD, Developmental
Coordination Disorder, Specific Learning Disorders)
● Current registration with AHPRA
● High energy, willingness to continually learn and AMAZING with kids!
● Great communication ability with kids and their parents
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Excellent time management
● Commitment to the provision of services that reflect evidence-based best practice
● Current WWCC, Police Clearance and First Aid certificate
● Current driver’s licence and own vehicle required
● BAMH accreditation or working towards accreditation
● NDIS related experience
● Experience using telehealth
Please email all applications and questions to [email protected] including;
1. Your one page cover letter summarising why you would like this position, and outlining your skills,
strengths and relevant experience; and
2. Your current resume.
Visit our website at www.westernkidshealth.com or check out our Instagram at @westernkidshealth to find
out more about the wonderful services we offer to the WA community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.