Website Melville Occupational Therapy and Extra Lesson for Children
Paediatric Occupational Therapist (0.6 to 0.8 FTE)
Melville OT and EL for Children have an OT position to fill:
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate initiative, is prepared to grow, is a team player who works in an organized and effective manner. He/she must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
The applicant is required to demonstrate experience in paediatrics in the area of sensory-based intervention, knowledge of the above conditions, use of standardized assessments, clinical observation, understanding of developmental stages, and how to facilitate motor and psychosocial skills.
The applicant to be able to apply theory to practice in relation to the child and the environment. Understanding of evidence-based practice.
She or he will demonstrate an understanding of disability and NDIS.
About the business
- well established OT private practice, south of the river in Perth
- sensory-based intervention plus traditional OT
- auditory intervention (iLs and Th Listening)
- private, Medicare EPC and BAMHS, and NDIS clients
- clients age 0 to 18
- supportive and enthusiastic work environment
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- carry a mixed caseload of varying ability and age
- be involved with individual and group intervention
- work within the clinic, home, and school
- work with a range of conditions from ASD, SPD, DCD, ADHD, anxiety, developmental delay, fine-motor, handwriting, and processing concerns.
- be responsible for the assessment, intervention, advocacy, and liaison.
- receive one to one mentoring on a weekly basis Benefits and perks
- competitive salary with leave entitlements
- professional development opportunity and incentives
- personal and professional growth opportunity
- supportive work/life balance
Skills and Experience
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Position to begin 8th March 2021 or as soon after.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.