Message from NDIS below
NDIS want to hear more from providers, families, carers and participants about changes they are planning – to make the NDIS simpler, faster, fairer and more flexible.
On 25 November 2020 the NDIA released three papers which are open for consultation over 3 months.
The consultation papers are:
- Access and eligibility policy for independent assessments – explains how we will work out who is eligible for the NDIS and what details people need to give when applying.
- Planning policy for personalised budgets and plan flexibility – explains how we will work out what is in a participant’s NDIS budget, what parts are flexible and where funding is fixed, and making changes to plans.
- Supporting young children and their families early, to reach their full potential – includes changing the early childhood age group from under 7 to under 9. This paper includes feedback many early childhood providers gave us earlier this year on the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach. An ECEI implementation reset project report is also available, which outlines the research, recommendations and further background for anyone interested in understanding the detailed ECEI reset project activities.
To give your feedback about how these changes will work for you:
- Download the consultation papers from the Have your say page of the NDIS website.
- We welcome any feedback on the policies outlined in the consultation papers. Some questions are also available at the end of each consultation paper.
- Upload a submission – submissions can be made in writing or as an audio or video file.
- Submissions close AEDT 10 am Tuesday 23 February 2021.
Online information sessions
NDIS are hosting online events: