Assistance Dogs and Therapy Dogs
August 5 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
FRIDAY AUGUST 5TH – 08:30 – 16:30
Presented by TALITHA CLEMENTS
Course content :-
Aims of the course is to provide OTs with the knowledge on how to support their clients to gain the services of a dog, whether that is through access to Animal-Assisted Therapy or accessing their own Assistance Dog.
Practical Content will cover:
– What is an Assistance Dog
– How to support people to gain access to Assistance Dogs
– Assessing whether your client is suitable/ready for an Assistance Dog
– Gaining funding for an Assistance Dog
– Specific NDIS information around Assistance Dogs
– Dog Specific information – what to look for in a dog, training an Assistance Dog
– How to access Animal-Assisted Therapy and other forms of therapeutic use of animals
– Will include print out slides
– Case Studies
– Examples of completed and successful application
– Further resources
Target Audience – Is OTs with an interest in assisting people to access Assistance Dog, to train their own Assistance Dogs, or introduce Animals into their therapy work.
About the Presenter :-
Talitha is the Owner/Director of Cornwall House OT Services. This includes working across various fields including early intervention, school-aged intervention, adults and community-based work and older aged care. Particular experience in managing complex disabilities and complex behaviour management.
In 2018 she commenced the Cornwall House Therapy Dog Program, followed up by the Cornwall House Equine Therapy Program. In 2021 online workshops supporting the education of fellow OTs to use Dogs within a therapy setting were set up along with assistance for people to receive Assistance Dogs.
|Date||Friday August 5th, 2022
08:30 – 16:30
|Venue||Pagoda Conference Room, Pagoda Resort, 112 Melville Parade, Como|
|Cost||Early bird before 5/6/22
Rural/remote member $150.00
Standard rate after 5/6/22
Rural/remote member $185.00
|Refreshments||Welcome Tea/Coffee, Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.|
Pay via invoice options are available using the ‘Book Online’ function. Proceed to checkout and please ensure your billing details including company name are correct. Once your order has been received our finance officer will generate your invoice and email to the email address provided