- This event has passed.
Hand Therapy Soft Tissue Course 2021
August 16 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY FULL TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITLIST IN CASE OF A CANCELLATION PLEASE EMAIL OUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR, CAROLYN EARLE AT [email protected]
HAND THERAPY SOFT TISSUE COURSE – ZAC SCAMPOLI
MONDAY 16th AUGUST
In this full-day course, Zac Scampoli will present a range of both theory and practical soft tissue skills relevant to hand therapists.
Zac is the an Occupational Therapist who graduating from Edith Cowan University, his passion has always been to help people which is why he felt Occupational Therapy was perfect for him and it was through receiving treatment from a Soft Tissue Occupational Therapist which drove him to pursue a career specialising in this area. Zac’s clinical interests include assisting athletes with their sporting performance as well as the benefits of ergonomic practice. Zac works at Perth Wellness Centre as a soft tissue OT and is very experienced in the area. He also works with teaching and student education at his clinic.
The course will address the foundations and principles of soft tissue treatment in OT, as well as considering evidence-based interventions for managing the soft tissue issues of hand and upper limb conditions.
Attendees will cover a range of clinically relevant information, including the Principles of management of soft tissue conditions along with :-
- Common clinical soft tissue assessments
- Barriers to soft tissue healing, inflammatory considerations and complex cases
- Referred pain considerations
- Neural and plexus connections and influences
- Postural considerations and assessments
- Consideration of shoulder, scapular and cervical involvement in hand and upper limb conditions
- Principles of soft tissue release
- Consideration of best evidence-based practice and current clinical interventions in soft tissue management
- Contraindications in soft tissue management
- Practical demonstrations throughout and small hands-on practice groups
|Hand Therapy – Soft Tissue Course|
|Date||Monday 16th August 2021
8:30 – 17:00
|Venue||Pagoda Ballroom, Pagoda Resort,
112 Melville Parade, Como
|Early bird before 16/7/21
Rural/ remote $150
Standard rate after 16/7/21
Rural/ remote $175
|Refreshments||Welcome coffee/tea, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided|
If you prefer booking offline, you can use the registration form below :-
Pay via invoice options are available using the ‘Book Online’ function below. Proceed to checkout and please ensure your billing details including company name are correct. Once your order has been received our finance officer will generate your invoice and email to the email address provided