AIM Therapy for Children
AIM Therapy for Children
Perth,Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
Healthcare & Medical Speech Therapy
$70,000 – $89,999 Full Time
About the business and the role
Seeking passionate paediatric OTs, Speech Pathologists, and Psychologists to provide therapy services out of any of our locations – Joondalup, Wembley, Canning Vale, Rockingham or Mandurah!
AIM Therapy for Children is a multidisciplinary team of more than 30 therapists (and growing!) providing Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Psychology and Physiotherapy services. AIM provides individual or group therapy services across Perth, including at schools, in homes, day cares and on-site therapy services to several partnership schools around Perth and Rockingham.
- There is never a dull moment at AIM Therapy! Working as part of a busy multidisciplinary team means there is always opportunity to learn!
- We always strive to provide the best service to children and families. AIM Therapists use a wide range of gold standard assessments, have access to excellent software to assist the therapy process, follow best practice guidelines throughout the therapy process and always provide evidence based practice.
- We regularly liaise with other team members in order to provide the best outcomes to families. Regular supervision and mentoring is available to help you feel competent and confident in all services you provide, so you go home feeling satisfied at the end of your work day.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Clinical duties that the successful clinicians will be responsible for include the delivery of therapy services such as:
- Individual comprehensive assessment, goal setting, intervention and review for individuals aged 2 years to 16 years and their families.
- Group intervention sessions and parent support
- Administrative duties include writing reports, progress notes, developing therapy resources and group programs. All organisation of booking appointments and invoices is managed by our amazing administration team!
Criteria and experience
If you fulfil the criteria below you are encouraged to apply:
- Experience (preferred but not necessary) providing therapy services including assessment, individual intervention and group therapy services.
- Experience working with children diagnosed with a range of conditions including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Anxiety, Speech and Language delays/disorders, Attention Deficit Disorder, Developmental Coordination, Dysgraphia and developmental concerns such as fine motor, gross motor, sensory processing, self regulation and visual perceptual difficulties.
- We have flexible working days/hours and you are encouraged to apply regardless of the days you are available.
- Experience working in a school based environment is also desirable
- Competently and confidently carry out assessments, plan and run individual and group based services and reviews to monitor therapy progress
- Ability to build great rapport with children, adolescents and parents
- Ability to work effectively a team environment with other allied health professionals and administration staff
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to take initiative as required
- Excellent computer skills
- Management of own caseload with support provided as required
- Ability to work independently but seek support as required
Job benefits and perks
- Being part of a great team!!
- Access to excellent premises and resources
- Highly competitive salary
- Supported career development plan with 6 monthly career goal setting
- You will receive $500 per year to go towards external Professional Development opportunities and monthly in-house professional development sessions to ensure up to date evidence based practice
- You will receive 5% off at Coles, Woolworths, Event Cinema, Big W, Freedom, Good Food, Myer, David Jones, Kmart, Gym memberships, Health Insurance, Home Loans plus more!
- Birthday rewards
- Professional indemnity insurance covered by the workplace
- Laptop provided for flexible workstation in the office or working from home
- Regular team bonding opportunities such as morning tea, team lunches and birthdays and after work drinks on Aim!
- Collaborative and multidisciplinary team
- We pride ourselves on providing flexible work arrangements, especially for caregivers such as options to work just during school hours or having a choice of days and hours of work
- Working from home capabilities, including telehealth set up and an on-line calendar management system to complete administration tasks from home if preferred
- We provide a supportive team environment through: peer support, regular mentoring and supervision sessions, regular senior, premise and team meetings, provision of guidelines for the structure and content of reports, liaison with our on-site multidisciplinary team, ongoing internal professional development training, full-time administration support and a very approachable management team including a Practice Manager and Clinical Coordinators to provide support as required.
Management receives regular feedback from the clinical and admin team to constantly improve the team experience because we love our team and want you to love it too!
We can’t wait to hear from you if you feel you could be a great fit : )
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.