Website Catholic Homes
About the role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join Servite Village on a permanent part-time basis. The days and hours for this position are negotiable, 2-3 days per week.
Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
This position is responsible for:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for Servite residents
- The provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required
- Assess individual residents physical, sensory, cognitive, psychosocial and behaviour functioning relating to occupational performance of activities of daily living and leisure
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) and a current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (highly desirable)
- Experience in effective supervision and the change process
- Knowledge of the Montessori Principles and the ‘Care with Purpose’ model (desirable)
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and the range and types of services available to the elderly
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and maintain professional development
Benefits and Perks:
- Salary package up to $15,900 pa + $2,650 p.a. for entertainment benefits
- Comprehensive induction program and ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing support from the Facility Manager, Care with Purpose Advisor, on-site Clinical Nurse and wider care team
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Free parking
- Close to public transport
About Catholic Homes
Caring for Western Australians for over 50 years, Catholic Homes is a leading not-for-profit comprehensive aged care provider. We pride ourselves on providing a workplace that reflects our values of joy, love and hospitality.
Catholic Homes’ ‘Care with Purpose’ model, based on the Montessori principles, advocates being active and independent for as long as possible.
We have six Residential Care facilities, with four located alongside a Retirement Village.
Our Home Care service across Perth and Regional WA is tailored to suit individual needs of those living in the community.
Catholic Homes is an inclusive organisation welcoming all faiths and backgrounds.
Catholic Homes’ innovation and proactive approach to aged care has won us numerous awards including the 2020 Institute of Hospitality In Health Care’s (IHHC) Brightest Star Award and Better Practice Award for its Circle of Men project.
To view this role’s Position Description, click here.
For further information please contact Nola Andrews, Facility Manager on [email protected]
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia and possess or be willing to obtain a current National Police Clearance.
To apply for this job please visit login.seek.com.