Website Autism WA
Are you a recent graduate, or close to graduating as an Occupational Therapist?
Join our Graduate Program, commencing in October 2022.
The Autism Association of WA is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit Autism specific service providers, and the only specialist organisation providing a full range of services from early childhood through to adulthood in Australia. Together we are inspired every day to make a difference to the lives of individuals with Autism. We are a dedicated, passionate, supportive team joined by a common goal and are deeply committed to enhancing the quality of life of every individual with Autism and passionate about supporting them to live their best life possible.
About the Role
Our Therapy and Clinical Services team is a large dynamic team of passionate therapists who provide best practice, evidence interventions for individuals with Autism, their families, and our community. Our Team are highly skills therapists providing specialist assessment and intervention across a range of age groups and programs. For more information on the amazing work our team does visit our website: www.autism.org.au
We are looking for Occupational Therapy graduates who are about graduate or have recently graduated, to join our Graduate Program. Successful applicants will be provided with intensive training, support and mentoring across a wide range of Occupational Therapy Assessments and intervention frameworks. These positions are part of a broader multidisciplinary team, of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Specialists Educators and Therapy Assistants. The successful candidate will be able to choose their preferred program area including Early Intervention, School Aged Therapy Services, Adult Community Therapy Services and/ or in our Positive Behaviour Support Team.
As part of our new graduate program, you will be provided with:
• Over 100 hours of training annually
• Access to training and support to implement a range of standardised and non-standardised assessment tools
• Ongoing mentoring and coaching
• Clinical Supervision to support your APHRA registration
• Opportunities for specialist skill development i.e., Sensory processing, specialist mealtime programs, equipment and home modifications, Specialist Social Skills Programs, Positive Behaviour Support and more.
To succeed in this role, you will be a caring, empathetic person, focused on developing your practice, expertise and experience. Our successful applicants will also have:
• Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
• Eligibility for Registration with AHPRA.
• Sound problem-solving and organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A passion for working with children with autism and their families.
Experience in the field of disability or working with young children in educational or therapy-based settings is desirable but not essential.
To join our team, you’ll be required to obtain a COVID-19 and seasonal flu vaccination and complete the required clearances including an NDIS Workers Check.
In addition to making meaningful difference in people’s lives, you’ll also receive:
• Extensive training, growth and development opportunities based on your interests and passions with career progression pathways
• Training opportunities to be Endorsed as a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner
• Specialist Autism training and development
• Flexibility to work across a range of locations
• Access to generous salary packaging options
• Access to Peer Mentoring and Supervision
For more information or to talk to one of our team about these opportunities please contact Bianca Ravi- Therapy and Clinical Services Manager at [email protected]
If you are dedicated, passionate and ready to join our team, click ‘Apply Now’ to upload your resume and introduction letter. Applications close Friday 2nd September 2022, but shortlisting may occur prior to this date so it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible!
To apply for this job please visit autismwa.jobs.subscribe-hr.com.